Development Needs Inventory
The Development Needs Inventory TM (DNI) is a unique system shaped by more than 50 years’ experience working with countless individuals in thousands of the world’s most successful organisations. It allows managers, supervisors and others in leadership positions to better understand their own strengths and developmental needs.
In simple terms, the DNI is designed to help leaders lead more effectively. In support of this primary objective, the DNI will also:
- help leaders identify their strengths and most pressing development needs.
- guide leaders planning their own leadership development, from understanding to action.
- provide the information leaders need to make intelligent choices among alternative leadership practices.
- highlight the critical relationship between an organisation’s structure, culture and typical leadership practices and the success and failure of given leadership styles.
- provide a framework within which organisations can (1) make orderly transitions from traditional bureaucracies to flexible, rapid response organisations with team leadership or (2) make an informed decision not to make that transition.
- help leaders lead in ways that get results, that are personally satisfying and morally sound, whilst empowering rather than overpowering subordinates.
The information provided by the DNI, a 360-degree instrument administered online, will help facilitate the growth and progress of the individual concerned, increasing their effectiveness within the organisation as a result.
Designed to be customised for each client’s needs, it consists of 10 Standard scales and up to 13 Optional scales as shown below:
- Goal Directedness
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Relations
- Motivating Skills
- Concern for Productivity
- Team Building
- Disciplinary Action
- Time Organisation
- Commitment to Growth
- Participative Leadership Style
- Motivation Level
- Development of Direct Reports
The results of the DNI, along with the Interpretation and Feedback Session, provide participants with a sound basis for setting development goals and tracking their progress over time.
If you would like to know more or would like to discuss your needs, please contact LMI-UK today on 01753 669401. If you can wait a little longer, then please complete our on-line enquiry form and we’ll send more details about the DNI and our leadership training programmes, detailing the benefits they will bring to you and your organisation.